What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files, sent and stored in the device used by a user to connect to the Internet and enter WWW.PROGRESSIVO.PL. The files are very useful, as they allow the website to recognise the user’s preferences. Cookies usually include a name of the website the files originate from, “life span” of a file (the time for which the file exists) and a value, which is usually a properly generated unique number.
Types of used cookies
Cookies used by WWW.PROGRESSIVO.PL are safe for the user’s device. Particularly, it is not possible for viruses or other unwanted or malicious software to enter the user’s devices. These files make it possible to identify the software used by the user and to customise the website individually for each user. Cookies usually contain the domain name of the domain from which they originate, the time they are stored on the device and their assigned value.
WWW.PROGRESSIVO.PL uses two types of cookies:
Session cookies: they are stored on the user’s device and remain there until the end of the session of the browser. The stored information is then permanently deleted from the device memory. The session cookies mechanism does not allow the collection of any personal data or any confidential information from the user’s device.
Permanent cookies: they are stored on the user's device and remain there until they are deleted. The end of a browser session or switching off the device does not remove the cookies from the user’s device. The permanent cookies mechanism does not allow the collection of any personal data or any confidential information from the user’s device.
The user may restrict or disable access to cookies to his or her device. If you use this option, you will be able to use the website, except for functions that by their nature require cookies.
Using the cookies of WWW.PROGRESSIVO.PL
WWW.PROGRESSIVO.PL uses its own cookies for the following purposes:
- authentication of the user on the website and providing the user with a website session;
- recognition of the user who previously used the website;
- correct configuration of selected functions of the website, enabling, in particular, verification of the authenticity of the browser session;
- implementation of processes necessary for the full functionality of websites;
- adjusting the content of the pages of the website to the user’s preferences and optimizing the use of the website's pages. In particular, these files make it possible to recognise the basic parameters of the user’s device and to display a website adapted to the user’s individual needs, including the recognition of the user who used the website in the past and is now using it again;
- ensuring safety and reliability of the website.
The administrator (controller) uses its own cookies for the following purposes:
- the collection of generic and anonymous static data via analytical tools;
- presenting advertisements adjusted to the user’s preferences with the use of online advertising.
You can configure each web browser to completely or partially disable the storage of cookies on your computer’s hard drive or other device used to browse the web. Failure to accept cookies does not mean that you are unable to use WWW.PROGRESSIVO.PL.
Possibility to determine the conditions of storage or access by cookies:
- you can change the settings of cookies at any time by yourself, specifying the conditions under which cookies are stored and accessed on your device. The changes to the settings referred to in the previous sentence may be made by the user by using the settings of the web browser or by using the configuration of the service. These settings may be changed, in particular, in such a way as to block the automatic handling of cookies in the settings of your browser or to inform you each time a cookie is placed on your device. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways of using cookies are available in the software settings (web browser).
- The user might delete cookies at any time by using the available functions in the used browser.